Monday, May 9, 2011

Preparing...


By Rose Adamson
Sanctuary Haiti Team Member & Mom Extraordinaire

Isn't the ingenuity of the kids in Haiti astounding?! I think of my own kids and they have "so much", yet have no concept of "so little". This weekend they had a garage sale of just toys, to raise money for my Haiti trip. They went through their playroom and made a pile of what they don't play with anymore. They know the money is for the kids and not for them to go out and buy more toys. It was a great experience and it was a good way for them to understand the act of generosity a little bit better.

I started my Malaria and Typhoid medication today. It's feeling pretty real now! I've got Awana and The GreenHouse behind me, a meeting at The Bible House on Monday, Tuesday I'm working in Jack's class and have our last team meeting, and then I'll be focusing on packing and preparing!

I'm really excited for this experience. I know God is going to move in and thru me and it's going to be amazing! I know my heart is going to break for the things I see and feel.   I know it won't be easy. I know I'm going to grow and stretch in lots of ways. I know I will come back a different person and things will never be the same, of that I am certain. I know I will miss my family and my many comforts. I know I will need to rely on God probably more than I ever have in my whole life. I know these are all good things.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing Rose!!! I'm praying for you and your team as you guys finalize preparations for your trip! I pray God gives each one of you peace and vision for what is about to happen.
    Much Love!
    Mellissa
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete